Oreo Truffles
1 pkg. oreos
1 pkg. cream cheese
2 pks. choc. chips or 1 pkg. of candy melts
Crush the entire package of oreos into fine crumbs. Take out a handful (maybe 1/2 cup) of oreos and set aside. Mix the oreos and softened cream cheese. Once it's mixed well roll into 1" balls and put on a piece of wax paper.
Melt the chocolate chips. (You can also use the colored candy melts for dipping. That way, they are holiday appropriate. I used red candy melts for Valentine's Day, but using the chocolate--semi-sweet or milk is just as good)
Dip the oreo balls into the melted chocolate, put on wax paper, and top with oreo crumbs. Chill in fridge.
Chocolate Chip Cheeseball
1 pkg. cream cheese
1/2 c. butter
3/4 c. powdered sugar
2 T. brown sugar
1 T. vanilla
1/2 bag mini chocolate chips
Cream butter and cream cheese. Add the rest of the ingredients. Optional: Top with crushed graham crackers. Best served with chocolate (preferred) or cinnamon graham sticks. (In this picture, I had to use chocoate graham crackers because the store I went to didn't sell the chocolate sticks, but they're much easier if you can find them.)
1 comment:
I asked Brittany if fat free cream cheese would work in the truffles and where to get the candy melts. This was her reply:
"I've used the less fat cream cheese and they were fine but I've never used fat free. Give it a whirl, I'm sure the Oreos will make up for it. The candy melts can be found at Michaels (in fact they're on sale this week) in the cake baking section. I also found a few bags at Meijer in the section with the cupcake and cake pans...not in the grocery section. However, they didn't have as many color choices."
If anyone tries the fat-free, let me know!
Post a Comment